How to Apply for Government Jobs
Confused and not sure how to go about applying for a government job. We make it easier for you by covering exactly what you need to do to make sure that your application is on top of the the list.
- Applications must be submitted on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience. If you have a work history and significant experience and qualifications then you should include the latest copy of your CV. This must be forwarded to the relevant department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s). You can download form Z83 here.
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications. The reference number is always listed in the ad for the particular job.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their inquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The person responsible for queries is also referenced in the relevant ad. South African Government Jobs must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates. The closing date is always reference in the job ad – no late applications are accepted so always take note of the closing date.
- In some instance you can apply directly on the relevant department or agencies website. The link will be included in the ad.
Some additional tips on making sure your application stands out:
- More information about the relevant department or agency can be found on the relevant department’s website. You can get the department or agencies website address by following this link.
- Do you homework on the relevant department or agency as this will help you make a good impression.
- Make sure that your CV is up to date and contains no errors. Nothing will disqualify you faster than typos on your CV.
- Include certified copies of all your documents, ID documents, copies of qualifications etc.